Thursday, October 28, 2010

Process and Context.

Using a basic dress pattern for the second garment I have added volume for the dress to fit the rib cage – using a fitting method that I learnt in corsetry.


This garment is toiled and recontextualised back to the human form.
- Again using rope to pull the dress into an interesting shape that flatters the body.
There is alot of extra fabric here which i was worried about and i wasn't sure how to use it...

After trialling some ideas I have used a drape and pinning method to bring this garment back to a form I am happy with.

I would like to hand sew tucks together where pieces meet to hide the volume similar to a sewn in tuck, but obviously the garment is still shows these voluminous qualities with movement


I haven't ditched the drawstring idea for this garment but i am using it to pull in the waist - i thought this would make the garment work well with the ribcage bodice block

I am using bright green and purple lining for the collection and this will be seen from different angles of the dress with movement and at the armholes. This follows on from my research into the ‘hidden garment’ that was explored in earlier projects. This gives a nice juxtaposition to the nude outerlayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment