Thursday, October 28, 2010

it has been a long time....

Collection Developement:

I have been busy with the collection for the past few weeks and neglected my blog a fair bit! plus i am staying with my parents and they have awful internet, im pretty sure its dialup...

My work has shifted a little more from my initial place earlier in the semester but I guess thats what happens….

After working on my ribcage mannequin I started my pieces – tailoring to the ribcage.

I began working by creating a ‘basic bodice’ for the body. This was then moved to the human body, then changing the fit to work within this context


Basic ribcage shape moved to the human body:
Experiementing with making the garment more visually appealing for the form using drawstrings and buttons so the garments has more than one purpose.

Splitting seams of the basic block to create arm holes.
Draping different fabrics on the form, trying to capture the cage with tucks.


2nd toile of the basic ribcage bodice:
Using just one string to change the shape of the entire garment on the human form.
Hem:




No comments:

Post a Comment