Thursday, June 10, 2010

Development of pieces...


I have taken the wrong approach this week... i rushed and wanted to get all my elastic garments finished. Instead i spent the entire time trying to fix my mistakes. Woe is me.

My elastic pants were a disaster because they were too tight and no one could put them on, this makes me very sad because i spent around 12 hours on them and my fingers are raw from the pining....








After creating these wrapped 'garments' i attempted to tack and sew them together so i could get the same effect on the body after making the undergarments; this did not work well..... My elastic pants could not even fit 1 leg let alone two after taking them off the stand. Other wrapped pieces (like the above one) did not look as good the second time around on the body or mannequin, they were a little warped and didn't fit right. So from this painful week of work and analysing i have realised that my research and semesters work is about the wrapping process and feelings associated with this not the construction (sewing; being the aftermath.) These garments I have created will become process and impression documented outcomes rather than tangible pieces that will be worn again.
*These probably couldn't be understood without this documentation; the physical imprint and the psychological imprint.


No comments:

Post a Comment