Friday, June 25, 2010

Book making....

The past few weeks i have been working on my outcomes which essentially will create this book for my presentation. My elastic garments are not tangible garments or outcomes but thephotos and imprints let behind will be. Although i do have some garments which i made in week 14 that i will have in my presentation on the body to give an idea of my process and aid my booklet.
My plaster garments wil be tangible but again they are not entirely wearable for the 2nd time.

I have been doubting myself this past week, i think it might be my lack of motivation plus the over-analysing of my semesters work. Im not sure if anything makes sense anymore... but maybe i will read my proposal again to calm myself......

I cannot upload any photos at this time because of the file types. but they will be up in due time.

My booklet idea was first going to be 2 separate books - one a stretch book and one a plaster book, after working on the stretch book for 320498 hours i have realised it would work so much better if i combine these books with the proposal which will convey my research more succinctly. I would also like to make a Imprint book, just as a secondary reference veiwers to understand the concept. This book would just be a series of pictures (of primary research and sourced images) of imprints, these can be skin related or anything else i have looked at during the semester. Hopefully this book would be easy to create because i have most of these photos on file.
Also with these booklets i would like to use a thermal bind instead of a saddle stitch, i find that the saddle stitch is quite unprofessional especially when you use a standard paper. I also want to use a thick paper with a matte finish. I have taken a lot of ideas from my favourite book of all time:




The layout is so great, each page is so different and there is a lot going on but it works so well, the matte finish works well with the photography also.

No comments:

Post a Comment