Sunday, August 22, 2010

Dissolvable garment:

My garment idea stemmed from the idea I used in the community dress (which I didn’t get to add in because of time constraints) using a lining – that is personal to the wearer. As I am looking at the uniformity aspect I wanted to have this hidden element in the clothing that could be different for everyone – giving everyone a character or personality back and still keeping the uniform façade.

These shorts will have a dissolvable waistband and the shorts will fall into a pair of pants, which will have a colourful/textured lining. The outside of the pants (before the dissolving) will have the same bleak appearance as the shirts do.

I would love to create 3 again to tie in with the community dress but I am not sure whether this is viable.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Jane,
    This is fascinating work. I would be very interested in featuring it along with some commentary/ interview on my site, www.dailyundertaker.com Please contact me if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete