Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Design Development

I have just started looking at my outcomes the past couple of weeks and i am still a little scattered on the entire idea. My concept (in writing) is defined but i have struggled to put pen to paper to start designing/developing outcomes. This might have something to do with not drawing in relation to the human figure since last year...
But i have put together a set of rules for my development of these outcome(s); since my 2d development was a completely horrid i will start working with the body and 3d experiments. This will hopefully define my outcomes and/or final presentation.

Rules for Designing?
  • Use fabric as a base; this could be stretch and weave (transparent and light mainly)
  • Pattern piece(s) are created and anchored around the body with the wrapping techniques
  • No seams, only fabric + wrapping to create tangible outcomes
  • Wrap with elastic and plaster predominately
  • Imprint both skin and fabric from wrapping
  • Essentially wrap forms shape; not the base fabric
  • Plaster and elastic can be used together or apart

1 comment: