Tuesday, April 20, 2010


Found this on an Architecture students blog – a body wrapping installation which I thought was quite nice:

The shapes created by this material (im guessing some kind of electrical wire) are so creative, i have never thought about wrapping the body in this way or using a material that could do this. I have been looking at more how the body would create the shape rather than creating my own and using the body as a base for this.

Image from: aafys.net/.../ bodies-body-installation/

Although this is a little off track from my medical research but these very beautiful images of bondage and rope are relevant, it has a fashion magazine feeling but are still very dark and provocative:






Images from: http://www.fashionising.com/pictures


I thought bondage trends are an great reference to body wrapping from a fashion point of view, these are from 2009 s/s collections:

Rodarte:

Herve Leger:


Images from: Style.com


No comments:

Post a Comment